Tuesday, May 19, 2020

Chobe Food Drama


The stay at the Marina lodge in Chobe got off to a not so good start. Our in room locker didn’t work and we had to change rooms giving us barely enough time to catch our afternoon boat ride. To make matters worse Ranil didn’t like the food that was there for lunch. He likes his food and doesn’t appreciate when he doesn’t get it considering he’s paid a premium price.

The evening food was good for me but Ranil said the prawns were just like what they had in the afternoon. Also the lady who was serving the table messed up his drinks order and that didn’t go down well.

By the second day evening, he was really not happy. He had complained to the front office about the food. Then in the evening there was no buffet instead they were serving ala carte in the restaurant. We had better hopes, I guess. Cause we were throughly disappointed. In fact without my knowing Ranil complained to our travel agent. 

Things really went down hill from there because I got stomach flu. Had diarrhea a couple of times in the morning along with a slight fever. I had to skip my afternoon game drive that day. So everything got escalated and we were to leave the next day to Savuti anyways. 

The worse for me was not that. Neil our travel agent had spoken to the hotel and asked that the GM meet and apologize to us to next day before we left. He had also demanded a full refund. But the duty manager who is a woman and who was nice enough to take the complaints. So she comes and tells us that the GM isn’t able to talk to us because he isn’t wearing his uniform, whatever that is. 

I thought that was not really nice of him. After all he is responsible for the hotel and he should t leave his staff to take all the heat. Anyways that was that. I had one more bad poop and I’ve been fine since, thank goodness. We were to fly a charter that day and I didn’t think I could do it in a bad tummy. But all worked out well and we were able to leave the “issues” behind. 

No comments:

Post a Comment