Tuesday, May 19, 2020

Africa 2019

Its been almost a year since we travelled to Africa. We visited South Africa, Botswana and Zimbabwe during our 'just over two week' tour. We spent most of our time in Botswana on safari. It was fabulous. Its hard to believe all that time had passed. In the next number of blogs I am going to post what I wrote while I was traveling. We fell in love with the places, people and mostly the wildlife. We had seen so many wildlife documentaries and dramas about African continent but having all that come alive in front of your eyes is truly unforgettable and incredible. 

We were fortunate that we did it last year cause we are still in lockdown this year. We almost toyed with pushing it back but thought "what the hell' we've thought about it for a few years and let's just do it'. Thank goodness that we did. 

I remember the first time I saw a lion...it was a lioness sitting on an ant mound. I was speechless and breathless at the sometime. She was magnificent in the almost setting light. So clam she stayed there in her little world while our large vehicle with seven human circled around her....taking countless pictures. Tabo, our guide for our time in Savuti was a thin, dark man...seems almost too passive but boy does he come alive in the presence of wildlife. He also kept tasing me the whole time because I had made my intentions clear as to what I wanted to see...as he picked us from the gravel air strip he wanted to know what we've seen and would like to see...So I said "lion, leopard, cheetah and zebra was a must'....He was amused...and kept saying the chances as 50/50. I think my reaction to that amused him even more. But by the end of the first tour on our first day,,,we had seen all except cheetah and they eluded us the entire trip. But that' ok because we see it as an invite to go back. 

Anyways in the next 10 so so blogs you''ll read about my experiences in Africa. When we got back we just went back to our routines that I never found an appropriate time to post the blogs without it looking like totally out of context. So I never tried...but now it seems like the right time. So here we go. 


No comments:

Post a Comment